Thursday, June 7, 2012

Why I'm Thankful For My Wife on My Anniversary

My wife and I were blessed to celebrate our twenty fourth anniversary. I could fill up a hundred pages of reasons why I am thankful for her. I think this is a good thing. We should take time to consider those in our lives and be thankful for all they mean to us. God has a purpose for relationships and we see that even from the beginning when God declared in Genesis, "It is not good for man to be alone." Relationships are for our good, and it is through relationships that God intends to bless us.

Every relationship goes through rough times, or dry times, or times that are not very romantic when we get discouraged or maybe doubt. In these times it is most important to think about how much we have to be thankful for in a relationship. That thankfulness expressed to God can change everything, our thought, our focus, our attitude, and warm up our hearts again.

As I consider this one relationship with my wife I am thankful that:

  • We understand each other, (She understands me more than I do her).
  • We have meaningful times together like hanging out on the deck.
  • We enjoy each other's company.
  • We can talk freely without judgment or fear.
  • She keeps me from foolish decisions.
  • She inspires me by her love of God and our family.
  • She motivates me by her good example of faith.
  • She has a great sense of humor.
  • She makes our home a refuge and a haven.
  • She is a hard worker.
  • She is the best thing that ever happened to me. (Beside knowing Jesus as Savor)
  • She is incredibly patient.
  • She puts up with me.
  • She knocks off my rough edges.
  • She makes me want to be a better person.
  • She is generous.
I can go on and on. 

The Bible says, "We always give thanks to God the father of our Lord Jesus Christ whenever we think about you." (Colossians 1:3). I feel that I could easily say the same that whenever I think about my wife I am filled with thankfulness to the wonderful God who put her in my life.