Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Why I Am Thankful For Helping At Camp

I gave up a week of work to volunteer at a kid's camp at church. This kid's camp was a drama camp where the kid's learned to perform a musical complete with songs and a play that illustrated Bible Stories. My part was to design, help build and paint the set.  It took the entire week to build and paint the set which turned the front of the host church into a tour-boat from which the young kids would sing and perform the musical.

  • I am thankful for the people I was able to work with on the project. The camp leadership was inspiring. The kids were wonderful and fun. 
  • I am thankful for opportunity to use my talent and desire to create art to serve God and community.
  • I am thankful to give some direction to the kids and inspire them to go further in art.
  • I am thankful for the camp to have inspired several young people to make a decision to follow Jesus as Lord and Savior.
  • I am thankful for the friendships that were strengthened during the week. 
  • I am thankful for those who were praying for the camp during the week. 
  • I am thankful for unsought recognition of my service.
  • I am thankful for the meals which were provided.
  • I am thankful to see something like a stage set develop from concept to reality.
  • I am thankful for the success of the camp, that the musical was well received.
  • I am thankful that God lead as we obeyed him. 
  • I am thankful for transportation back and forth since I am without car.
  • I am thankful that my wonderful daughter worked with me in the camp too. 
  • I am thankful that when you let God use you he does amazing things.
  • I am thankful for the energy to keep on going; some days were ten and twelve hours.
  • I am thankful that I didn't have anything to do the days following so I could sleep and rest up!
I could list many many more reasons why I am thankful for this camp.

I felt grateful to be asked to participate in the production. I am thankful for the Lord's guidance in all the aspects of the project. God gave ideas and I felt God gave directions to use the ideas. I am thankful for the God of heaven who gives gifts to men. If I have a talent or gift for art it is from God.