Sunday, August 26, 2012

Thankful For My Son First Day At College

Today we took our son, Joey, to his college dorm at UMBC where he will be going to college. It is an exciting and proud day to see him off to college. I am proud of him and confident that he is going to excel. It would be an understatement to say it is one of the proudest days of my life to set him off to college.

I am thankful...
     * To God for his acceptance there. I believe God has lead the way to choosing this institution.
     * To God for the possibilities and opportunities my son has.
     * For the talents that he possesses, which has been recognized by those who are experts in the field he is choosing.
     * That though so many wish they could do what he is doing, (I am sad for them they are not able to) I am grateful that Joe is able to go to college.
     * The college is close by because I know I am going to miss him very much.
     * There is an open atmosphere and he will be able to find friends there who share his values.
     * I am confident that he is going to use his talents for good that he is going to do great things for God and Mankind that will be a blessing.
     * Tor the high school that did so much to equip him for college.
     * Most importantly that God has given us such a wonderful talented young man for a son.

I am thankful that God gave us a son like Joey to love, care and provide for. I am thankful that he has grown up to be so much more than we ever could have hoped for.