Friday, December 26, 2014

Why I Am Thankful for Hope

It is one thing to be thankful for the blessings that we can see, touch and experience, but we should be thankful the things we do not easily see.

Hope is one of the things that I am thankful for even though I do not physically see it. Hope gives us the motivation to go ahead with things that may not be possible. Hope enables us to dream, and our dreams themselves become the stuff that wraps our hope up and keeps it alive when other sources are lacking. Hope defies the current truths and brings the myth of a better world to reality.

I am thankful for hope because it gives comfort when facts are discouraging. People may point out the problems and the difficulties which deflate a person's vision but hope keeps on believing.

I am thankful for hope because without it I would have given up on every important effort in life. I would have seen failures and stopped, I would have taken discouragement to heart, I would have stayed in bed and not faced the next day- but hope speaks louder than those things.

Hope keeps the picture of success in our hearts and helps our feet step steadily toward that image. It has picked me up when I have fallen down and whispered the vision of success back into me.

Hope must be a gift of God. It is contrary to the realities around us but without it the realities around us would be unendurable.

Were it not for those who treasured hope and pursued it many blessings in our world would not be here. They are the ones who sacrifice and pay the price for their dreams because hope said it could be done. Hope honored them and they have become those who we admire and consider noble examples of the best in humanity.

I am thankful for hope.

(c) Adron 12/26/14