Saturday, February 7, 2015

Why I am Thankful For The First Time Sleeping Late On Saturday Morning

I am always the first to wake up in the morning or at least the first to get out of bed.

This was a hard week with a lot of physical work on my job.  I had a few late nights and a few times I had to go in early.  After work there were evenings with commitments and projects that called for my attention.

By the time I made it to bed late on Friday night I was aching in my back and shoulders.  It was one of those times when I was so tired that I cannot even go to sleep.  In the middle of the night I got up and took an aspirin and finally got to sleep.  It was one of those deep sleeps where you are all wrapped up in your own dream world and don't want to get up. For me this is rare.

Most Saturdays we have places to go with our kids or things that have to be done around the house; but this Saturday there was no errands demanding I get up early like the weekdays. That knowledge must have been in my sub-conscience mind and gave me more reason to get out of bed.

This morning others in my house got up before me and the coffee was already made. I was able to go downstairs and not fumble around in the kitchen trying to make coffee, it was ready to pour.

Not having the pressure to do something was strange, I felt like I had to experiment with how to relax.  I took my Bible and a cup of coffee to the couch and sat down for a time of reading and reflection on God.

It was a little thing but somehow I feel that God was putting it together so I could take time to get back to him a little and renew my sense of being centered in him.  A busy life is what He gave me but he also gives me little quiet times and I am thankful that my Loving Father in Heaven is in control.

(c) Adron 2/7/15