Monday, December 2, 2013

Why I Am Thankful To Get Off Work A Little Early Today.

Normally I work at the grocery store until three or four every day. I was sorry when I found out that my son was going back to college on a flight that left at 4 PM and I would not be able to get to see him off. Even if I was to get off of work at three he would have already left, in fact he would have to be at the airport at three to give time for all the check in and security.

I looked at my schedule a few days ago and noticed what looked like an error because my schedule said I was to be off at 1:45 PM today instead of three or four. I thought it must be a mistake and will be corrected by the time I started work this morning, but when I clocked in today I checked the schedule and found that instead my schedule remained unchanged and I was still slated to punch out at 1:45. Now it was time to ask my supervisor, and was advised the hours were cut throughout the store to accommodate end of quarter accounting.

At 1:45 PM I clocked out and was able to surprise my daughter with a ride home from school as well as being able to ride with my son and wife to the airport and see my son depart on his way back to college.

I was especially thankful since I'm working two jobs, (almost all cashiers do), and I was not able to spend much time with my son on his visit home. It was a small thing but an important thing.

The early day even allowed my wife and me to do a little bit of shopping together.

I do not believe circumstances like this are just coincidental but I believe the hand of the Almighty who loves those who seek him has arranged these events with the purpose of giving little blessings. I am grateful for a Loving Heavenly Father.

 (c) Adron Dozat 12/2/13