Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Thankful For Being Unhurt In An Accident.

I am a very safe driver but not everyone else is, so I always watch out for the other guy. I was doing just that- looking to the right merge lane at an intercession with a very limited merge lane when a driver coming on the left slammed into my car.

Even though there are many complications to the situation I am thankful for many others.
     * No one was hurt.
     * The emergency services were on the scene within minutes.
     * There was no traffic on the road to interrupt or add extra danger.
     * I was able to drive away.
     * It was on my way home from work not on my way to work.
     * It was only three blocks from my house.

I am thankful that the Lord was watching over me. I believe I began that day like many others with a prayer asking His protection and guidance. I wonder if I had not asked God that morning for protection if the collision would have been worse and involve serious injury. I believe in God, I believe He watches over us and I believe He answers prayer. So all my gratitude is directed to the Almighty.

There are complications with insurance and repairs and transportation for me and my family but I believe that God has blessings in store as we stay faithful to him through these issues.