Saturday, June 2, 2012

Why Thankful For Another Week

On Saturday we all want to play or relax or get a few nagging chores done, but Saturday is a great time to reflect on the past week. With the week behind us we can think about things more objectivity. It is a good time to sum up what happened over the last few days and in advance of worship prepares us to give praise to God.

As I look back over the last week I feel thankful for many things...

  • That God has allowed me to live another week to serve him and others.
  • The weather was not as bad as predicted and tornado warnings did not come about.
  • When I went to work each day God gave me safe travel on roads.
  • My job still seems steady.
  • On the day of the big storm I was scheduled to get off early and was home before the storm.
  • After working hard I had nice time to relax.
  • I completed a commitment for a volunteer organization.
  • No one in my family was sick, or hurt.
  • We have food, a home, and one of two cars that run.
  • Some days the weather was nice enough to open the windows.
  • I had a wonderful time taking my son for donuts at the local shop.
  • I had a nice visit with my daughter Thursday for coffee.
  • I had many nice bike rides on the trails near our home.
  • I was able to enjoy my hobbies.
  • I made a couple of new friends.
  • I enjoyed the garden on my deck.
  • I got a few needed chores done in my home, and felt good about them.
I feel like I am just getting started and could add many more. I must take a moment sometime today and thank Our Heavenly Father for this last week.

The weekend is a milestone; it is a point of reference in the month and year, making it a good time to stop and reflect on God's blessings for that week. If we don't we will just keep on trudging ahead with our heads down going through the activities of living and we forget that God has been good to us. We must remember to be grateful and a weekly commitment to thanks forces us to do what our natures are not inclined to do.