Monday, August 20, 2012

Why I Made A List Of Things I Am Thankful For.

It is easy to list the things that trouble.

Times in our household are kind of hard these days. I do not make enough money to pay for all our bills and feel bad that my wife has to work so hard at her job. Our kids are looking for work without success and are starting back to school with anxiety about money. My Job is part time and the hours are always changing; often I work at night and since I am without a car I ride a bicycle five miles each way to work. I worry about my sons especially the one who has a disability.

I must remember to be thankful; it is not only the healthy thing it is the right thing to do.

I am thankful that:
     * I am healthy when many men my age have lots of health issues.
     * I do have a job. It is an honest job and I am well liked by customers.
     * I have been able to write some poetry and feel good about the results. (See other blog).
     * We are current on the mortgage and wife's van payments.
     * There is food in the kitchen.
     * The weather is nice for bicycle ride to work tonight.
     * The washer, dryer, refrigerator and all the mechanical things that could break down haven't lately.
     * My fines at the library are almost paid up, I can check out books.
     * It was great to have my son home for the summer.

I can be thankful because my happiness does not depend on the economy of my community or the profit sharing check at my job but my happiness is dependent on the blessings that come from the hand of a gracious God and Savior. I believe that if I try to serve him in good faith and give him glory he will bless, I may not understand the blessings he chooses to give but he is good and his blessings are good. If in this world I have less than my neighbors and more troubles than the next guy it is not a problem because God rewards those who serve him, I may not see it in this life or in a way that is clear but God is faithful.

I am thankful