Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Why I Am Thankful For The Hurricane

I am thankful in many ways for the Hurricane although my prayers go out for those who lost homes and loved ones in hurricane Sandy. Many experienced tragedy, but we were blessed in our neighborhood with God's protection.

For my house hold we are thankful that:
     * The power went out for only a few hours.
     * The flooding did not occur in our basement or street.
     * The big trees in our street did not blow down.
     * The furniture and things on our deck did not blow away.
     * I was able to get a lot of extra hours at the grocery store where I work, because people shopped to stock up and be prepared.
     * No one I know was hurt or had serious loss due to the storm.
     * For the times our power was out we were in day light and had fun playing checkers and monopoly.

For my country I am thankful that:
     * I am thankful that we have the science and technology to foresee the oncoming storm.
     * I am thankful that the utilities companies were prepared and had extra help on hand.
     * I am thankful that the damage was not worse and wider than it was.
     * I am thankful that so many lives were spared because people headed warnings.

I am also thankful that God answered so many prayers of so many who believe in his mighty power. It was by his power that the hurricane downgraded itself to a tropical storm, though deadly not so severe.

I am thankful to have lived through an event that shows God's mighty power on such a tremendous scale.

I pray that God gives comfort to those who experienced loss and that he restores what was destroyed. I pray that many people see God as awesome and turn to him because of the hurricane.
I pray that many people do good works in God's name in rebuilding and helping because of the hurricane.