Sunday, March 23, 2014

Why I am Thankful to be used of God

It is common to be thankful for the blessings we get in life such as health, home, food and the many basic needs we all have. Someone told me a bit of news today that caused me to feel very grateful- thankful not for something the Lord has given me but something that He has allowed me to do.

It starts with my other blog, (Coloring Pages For Kids By Mr Adron), where I post pictures that I draw which people can print off and give to kids that they may color. Many of the pictures are generic themes of dogs and cats, Aesop's fables, flowers, Bible verses and stories that I did for my church's kids club. I often wonder if anybody actually prints them and if my poor drawings are ever colored by kids.

A woman came up to me at church today and told me she had found my blog. She said she had been printing out the coloring pages and bringing them to an after school homework club that she is involved in. It is at a low rent housing complex and many of the children are from low income and struggling families. These children are coloring pictures that are telling them of God's love and the hope of the Gospel. These children do not get to go to church but they are getting God's Word.

I started blogging because I had hoped it would be a financial benefit, but I am grateful that it is used of the Almighty to do more than I ever thought it would. I am excited to think that God is using my humble efforts to plant eternal seeds in the hearts of His lambs.

You can see my blog at coloringpagesbymradron.blogspot.com. Print some and give them to the kids.