Thursday, June 3, 2010

First Week in June. 2010

I have not been able to get to the computer much this week. It has been a busy week and the kids have needed to use the computer a lot for school and such.

Sometimes it is hard to be thankful. Our air conditioning has gone out. We waited a week for the scheduled repair guy to come; and when he tested everything he concluded it was not the unit itself but the wiring in the house. So then we had to wait for an electrician. Still sweltering in the muggy Maryland heat. I know God has a purpose and a plan I will trust him to reveal it in time.

I spent most of Wednesday, my day off, filling out applications for employment. I am happy with my job but need more income with kids going to college and mortgage and bills and such. I pray about the situation but need to also put some shoes on my prayers and with Gods grace hustle up a second regular paycheck. The good news is there are a lot more opportunities in our area now.

Carolyn had a treatment on Wednesday. It was not one of the big ones. But they have been having an accumulating effect on her and she is staying under the weather for a longer time and not eating as much.

Thursday morning I was having a good time reading my bible on the deck while it was still cool outside but the guys came to prune some trees and made a lot of disturbing racket. It drove me inside.

Friday was our 20th wedding anniversary, I am thankful that the Lord gave her to me. I had the day off but spent the morning waiting for the second guy came to fix the air conditioning but he couldn't either; he said we need a bigger crew and that he will have a crew come on Tuesday am to fix the wiring in the wall. I had to pick up David and one of his friends from school. All the kids there have autism or odc or something so having David and one of his "peers" kept me hovering around. Carolyn went to a yoga class hoping it would help with the treatments for cancer. She had some hard time getting into the positions,and had a laugh about it. Carolyn and I went out Friday but not to dinner because she couldn't eat.

Saturday I had a very hard day at work. At the grocery store where I work the cashieers empty the carts onto the counter as good customer service, then we bag the groceries and put it all back into the cart. A lot of people had heavy items like barbecue briquettes and gallons of drinks so I was tired. When I got home I fell asleep on the couch- something I never do. The kids were hanging all around the house and were board so we went to the gym and played racket ball. Joey, Maddy and me. Joey has such long arms since he is almost 6 foot tall that he commanded the court and easily won most of the serves. We were just for serves not for points.

Sunday was "youth led worship" at our church. The kids did skits as part of the teaching and the youth praise band played. Joey plays the base guitar in it and Maddy plays the clarinet. They both had parts in three skits and both played their instruments. It was a wonderful service. We were so proud of Joey and Maddy. Our church has two services I sat through both just to watch them. The youth pastor preached. He has a long way to go. I remember how it was when I used to preach at a skid row mission it was fun but I know I made a lot of mistakes so I can understand where he is coming from.

Maddy came up after the service crying desperately. Her clarinet broke! Right in the middle of a song. I haven't seen her upset like this for years. She kept on saying how she needed it fixed by Tuesday so she could play the final concert at her school. I have confidence in God that it will work out I have been thinking lately that Jesus said, "take heart I have over come the world." (John 16) All these things are in the kingdom of his control.

Sunday afternoon (as if Maddy didn't have enough on her plate) was the Ballet recital we had so been looking forward to. It was the whole ballet school and she is in the IVs. So we watched the little kids do their stuff before Maddy and the older kids came out. There was inspiring demonstrations of form and technique. The last half was a performance of an act of Midsummer night Dream. It was magical. Most of it was the older III and IVs but at the end all the little kids came out and became fairies and sprites and bunnies and flowers it was beautiful and cute without being just a bunch of kids in costume to make moms say oh and ah. Maddy was very graceful and did a lot of beautiful positions and steps it was beautiful to see.

I am so proud of Maddy for her performance. and that she didn't let the broken clarinet from church in the morning get her down. God has truly blessed us with a beautiful daughter who is becoming a woman of grace and character.

Joey and Dave need the computer to do homework so I will do spell check and call it done for now.