Thursday, September 18, 2014

Why It Is A Responsibility To Be Thankful For Good Health.

I have been riding my bicycle to work for the past few weeks since my son is using the car for college. I enjoy riding my bicycle; it keeps my waistline slim, heart beating, and helps me in many ways.

I know many people my age are not able to ride a bicycle twelve miles a day because many are struggling with various health issues.  It is not just about age since people young and old can suffer affliction in their health.

Because I have good health (I do have a few minor problems), I feel it is a responsibility to take care of myself. Many people wish they were in good shape, and it is insulting to them if I let myself go. It would be a statement that I do not value what they long for when I have it and neglect it.

Good health is a gift. God could take that gift away. If I do not cherish the gifts he has given me, I can't expect The Lord to just give me another gift after I have squandered His earlier gifts.

By God's grace, I enjoy good health; I could have a stroke tomorrow or come down with a chronic condition like some of my friends. I am grateful that God in His mercy has spared me that test. If I come to that ordeal, I pray that I may face it with the nobility that respects those who have gone through such trials with grace and confidence in their Maker.

I am thankful for my good health, and I pray for my friends to enjoy the same blessing.

(c) Adron  9/18/14