Friday, June 11, 2010

Second Week of June 2010

Another busy week. But God is faithful and always brings us through.

Monday we got Maddy's clarinet fixed. Her teacher had a recommended a guy in the next town over who fixes musical instruments. He was able to fix it in a half hour, cleaned and polished, and new pads where they were needed. He only charged us $49 dollars. What an answer to prayer! Praise the Lord.

Tuesday night Maddy played in the school year end concert. It was wonderful- They played the same songs that carried them over the top at the competition at Hershey Park. The best song was he last it was the music from the Pirates of the Caribbean.

Wednesday the guys came to finally fix the air conditioner. It was going to take half a day and cost hundreds. I waited all morning- they called and said they were coming and then they called and said they were coming later then they called and asked if any of the crew arrived. I was really losing confidence in them. Finally they showed up. One guy started to ask a lot of questions and poke around and he figured out the problem was not so dire and they could fix it without cutting holes in the wall and splicing wires and stuff. So with him in control they checked everything out all over again and in a half hour it was fixed they only charged us the service charge of $89. Thank the Lord! What an answer to prayer.

Carolyn had a treatment at the oncologist for her cancer. Even thought the lump was taken out of her breast the lab said it was a very aggressive type and they were going to do all the types of treatments possible. I felt bad that I was not able to go with her. But I was waiting for the air conditioning guys.

Timothy's birthday was Thursday- he's 20! Carolyn ordered ha HUGE cake- we will be eating it for a few days. It said "Over the hill" on the top. His girlfriend, Kiki, spent the day with us.

Unfortunately I had a huge migraine. I have been good about eating only natural foods and avoiding chemicals but something must have slipped by. I have to be more careful and focus on organic foods the way God made it. Well about 8 super strength pain killers later it went away but it took about 12 hours. I was able to work though. I hate to miss work.

Friday, I thought I had the day off but the store called me in and so I worked. I would really have liked to have had the day because all the painkillers from my migraine makes me have an upset stomach. But I did the whole day. It was a treat to see one of the pastors Pastor Terry come into the store. We had a fun time talking before his wife called him and asked what was taking him so long to get home.

Saturday, was a regular day of work. After work we went to the gym and played racket ball. Tim and Joe and Maddy and Me. It was a riot, especially when Joe made goofy sound effects.