Monday, July 9, 2012

Why I am Thankful For The Blue Sky

To be thankful for the blue sky seems like such a small thing but our lives are made up of small things. It is in appreciating the small things that we ourselves become greater.

The blue sky is truly a wonder to thank God for. The blue of the afternoon sky is beautiful even as it is ever changing. At dawn the sky is filled with golden brightness and at dusk it may have lavender, violet, rose, aqua marine and thousands of blues that have never been given a name and may only exist for that one moment.

The color blue is peaceful, and what color would more suggest heaven than the blue of the midday sky? When we see the blue we feel tranquil and hopeful.

That the blue is a canopy for this world we live in is artistically fitting. If it is over ocean, desert, valley or meadow the blue sky above puts the world below is in beautiful contrast.

The vastness of the sky reminds us that this world is not all but only a stage that man walks on for a moment. It says that though we are small there is something greater above and that offers us greatness.

To look up into the sky itself is almost an act of worship; and if it isn't it soon leads many to praise the Creator and God of the universe.  The act of looking up frees us from looking down. The blue sky is a statement by God to look up to him to see his beauties and think on his grace.

*     I am thankful for the sky.
*     I am thankful that I can see it.
*     I am thankful that it is blue,
*     I am thankful that it is beautiful.
*     I am thankful that it is full of wonders.

I am thankful that it speaks to me of a Great Creator.