Monday, October 6, 2014

Thankful For The Young Teacher.

Our church has a club called Awanas. It is a club for kids to come and have fun while learning about God and the plan of salvation.

One of the goals is not only to tell Bible stories and have the kids memorize Bible verses but to see everyone involved grow in faith and character.

There are many Youth who help in the club. We call them Leaders in Training. Recently I thought one of the youth should step up to take on more responsibility, so I asked her to teach a fifteen minute lesson on the Bible verse John 3:16.

When it was time for her to give the talk she stood up without hesitation or evidence of nervousness. She had a well thought out talk with questions, examples, and illustrations.  She had an engaging object lesson to illustrate the cleansing God gives the sinner who comes to him. The kids connected with her and I believe God's Holy Word was sown in tender hearts.

I believe I witnessed the first lesson taught by someone who will be a great teacher. I am grateful to be able to be one to offer this opportunity to someone who will I believe do great things for the Lord.