Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thanks for Friday November 9

Friday is a good day to be thankful. For many it is the end of the week and the beginning of a few days off from jobs. It is a good time to look back on the week and think of what blessings God has given.

This week:
     * I was able to accomplish some writing which I enjoy and feel thankful for.
     * I was able to teach a few students some art lessons and they seemed to enjoy.
     * I was able to volunteer at church and teach kids for which I felt blessed.
     * My wife cooked some great dinners, she always does and I am always thankful.
     * I received a biannual bonus check at the grocery store where I work part time.
     * I was able to celebrate the accomplishments of students at the home school community where I teach part time.
     * My times of prayer and meditation on God's Word seems to have been truly blessed.
     * I was able to do a few important things around the house.
     * I experienced answered prayer when I sought God's help on several occasions.
     * There were no disasters or losses in our home. So I am thankful that God has watched over us.
     * I made a little extra money which I put in the bank hopefully to cover bills.

Looking over the short list above is not outstanding: it seems to have been a regular and ordinary week.  It is reflecting on the little things and seeing God's hand in them that they become great and the week in retrospect is extraordinary.