Friday, December 7, 2012

Why End Each Day With Thanksgiving

There are many reasons why it is good to end the day with thanksgiving. Even it is late and I am tired I feel it is so important that I take a few minutes and really express to God my gratitude for the day.

A FEW REASONS

     * It forces me to think in a positive way.
     * It keeps me from becoming a person who complains.
     * It causes me to become a happier person.
     * It helps me to sleep better.
     * It fills my heart with gratitude.
     * It is the right thing to do, and not to thank God is something I know I will regret.

These are just a few reasons. There are many more and scientific research is finding more benefits to the practice of daily thanksgiving.

THE BIGGEST REASON
The biggest reason is the most compelling for me and overshadows all the others. It is the right thing to do. God has given me blessings every day, some big and others little, it is wrong to fail to acknowledge his kindness, mercy and grace. Not to thank God would be a sin in light of his great mercies and great blessings. We live by his providence and it would be a dangerous thing to offend his kindness by neglect of so slight a duty as a simple thank you.

THE MORAL ISSUE
Moral is not a word we use now days because our world is moving away from absolute values of right and wrong. Something that is moral is something that is right based on an absolute truth established by the authority of God. God says I should be thankful, therefore I will.