Thursday, December 6, 2012

What Happens When You Think About Your Blessings

Today I had a good day. It is easy to be thankful for a good day when nothing goes far off the tracks.

I had the day off form the job at the grocery store; it is nice to be away from the store. I taught art classes at a homeschool center and had a very enjoyable time. It is gratifying to see kids do well and enjoy a lesson. I enjoy seeing the kids work and learn, and it is satisfying to be part of the mentoring process.

I got work done in my studio, not art work which I would prefer; but I am a messy worker with many projects going on at once and every so often I must clean it up and get organized for the next push of creativity.

This evening was the art show at the Columbia Art Center. I have 6 pieces in it and was glad to see each one on the wall in good view of the patrons. I met several nice artists and bumped into some old friends. Everybody gave praise for my works. It was the opening of the show and it runs for ten days I am hopeful of a sale but if noting sells it is still fun. There were refreshments and I enjoyed a handful of cookies.

I am thankful that I have these blessings, of work, friends, relationships, and a rewarding avocation that gives me hope of earning some extra cash once in a while. I am thankful that I can look back and trace each blessing to the hand of a merciful and generous God who has orchestrated each one in detail.

When I consider the blessings of a day like this I can go to bed with excited anticipation of God's working out blessings for me tomorrow.