Monday, June 10, 2013

Why I Am Thankful For A Date With My Wife.

Saturday night after I got home from work my wife and I had a little dinner and then went out for a cup of coffee at a little cafe where some musicians play on the weekends.

We have been married for over twenty five years, so there is not a lot of adventure like when you go on a first date, but I still want to have these times together.  It is hard to find time because we are both busy with jobs and the kids and church, so it is special to have moments together.

We enjoyed the musicians and they sang some old favorites. The coffee was a flavor I do not remember tasting before. The table was in a good place, and there was no noisy people which there can be in a coffee bar on a Saturday night. It was a nice evening and we had a good time.

The best part of the night was to be with my wife. After all these years to be together still is something I am very thankful for. It is not always easy being married but it is always a blessing. When we can go out it is a time of renewing. There are always things to discover about each other. Time changes our perspective with maturity.

I am thankful for all the many blessings she is to me and I hope I am a blessing to her.

You never regret making time for people.