Saturday, October 12, 2013

Thankful For A Break In The Rain.

We have had a very rainy October. I ride a bike to work, and I do not like to ride a bicycle in the rain. I do not like the cold, the wet, or the feeling of danger.

On several occasions, I have looked at the hourly weather report to see rain forecast. With resolution and a prayer for God's mercy I set out, only to encounter a mist or light drizzle. Then once at work, I listened to the downpour as oceans of water danced on the roof and flooded the gullies.

After work, I was set to go out in the deluge and find myself only under cloudy skies with a few raindrops here and there.

I feel God on these occasions was watching and protecting me. Sometimes he blesses us with deliverance and this week held several of those times.

There was only one day that I was caught in the heavy rain; God gave his grace to endure and protection on the road. The heavy rain was at the end of my ride and I was able to change to dry clothes.

I am thankful for all those circumstances; some may say there was good and bad but I feel God was in them all and watching over with grace in all.

(c)Adron Dozat