Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Thankful for My Daughter's Accomplishments.

My Daughter is a hard worker and when she has a task she will not give up until it is complete to her satisfaction. She brings the attitude of hard work to her music and it has caused her to become a talented musician who plays the clarinet in the school orchestra, the saxophone in the jazz band and the drums in the marching band. She is in a chamber ensemble that plays at weddings and a professional marching band that plays at sporting events. All the while attending school and keeping her grades up.

Tonight I was privileged to witness the ceremony where my daughter was inducted into the MMM Honors Society. MMM stands for Modern Music Masters. It is a High School society of the most talented and dedicated musicians who are outstanding in their art.

I sat there with the program in my hand watching as the names were announced so the inductees would go on stage to receive their certificate of membership and I almost gave a yell when her name was read. She walked up on stage like it was home and accepted the certificate with confidence.

Later she downplays it and said, "O getting into the honors society was easy," but she admits to being glad to be admitted.

The high school music department will be arranging some venues for the honorees to perform over the next year and other opportunities to use the gift of music in the community.

It goes without saying I am very proud of her.