Friday, December 27, 2013

Thankful for Another Person's Kindness.

The other day I was trying to get my art studio in order so I could make progress on some new projects and designs I am working on. I decided it would be helpful to stack some crates to make some shelves. I had a few and after about an hour got them arranged and things put in their places. It was not perfect- I needed about two or three more to make my design functional.

On my way home from my "honest job" at the grocery store I made the decision that I would bite the bullet and buy another crate. I normally would wait for a sale or a coupon but I was feeling if I didn't finish the organizing of my studio it would never be workable.

I reluctantly went to the store which sells the crafty stuff and found the unfinished crate used for folk art. It was not on sale and I didn't have a coupon so I was not happy about paying full price. I got in line and said a silent halfhearted prayer, something like, "Lord should I buy this or not?"

A moment later a woman came up the line asking people if they wanted a coupon for 40% off of one idem. I thought she worked there but she was a customer and had too many because the store would only let her use one on a purchase, so she was giving the rest away. "You are an answer to prayer," I told her as she gave me the coupon.

It was a little thing but I am grateful for it and that our God is the God of the little as well as the big. I am thankful that God hears my prayer no matter how weakly muttered. I am thankful that I can be confident of God being with me wherever I go.