Saturday, September 27, 2014

Why I am Thankful For The Singer

On Friday night after work I went to the Fish Head Cantina in Halethorpe MD and watched the musicians play in the Pavilion at the back of the restaurant. One of the bands was a group called Archangel, a rock band of talented teens. They were invited to perform after they posted an audio of their music on the web. The vocalist is my daughter.

I watched her come on the stage and wait behind the microphone while the guitarist were tuning and setting things up. She looked at the crowd of maybe 200 people and smiled. She looked beautiful and as a father I was proud of her.

I was afraid she would have an attack of stage fright and leave the stage, or forget the words, or sing flat; but she was confident and sang without a sign of nerves. She was good and the audience appreciated her and enjoyed her singing. She had a sweet stage presence with an innocence that was mixed with an edge of passion for social justice. I thought she was endearing. It was a great performance and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed myself.

     * I am thankful that God had blessed us with a talented daughter.
     * I am thankful that I was able to see her perform.
     * I was thankful that she is experiencing success in things like singing.
     * I am thankful that she is enjoying her youth.
     * I am thankful for the support of the other musicians in the band and that they are a good bunch of kids.

I pray that she is aware of the blessings these things are.