Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Why I Am Thankful For An Indian Restaurant.

Today I had a morning off, and since my son was home from university, I wanted to spend a little time with him before I went to my evening job. I always feel that I do not get to spend much time with my kids. It is easy to say I'll get to it later, but if you keep waiting, later never comes, and the time is lost.

I was working at my desk, and he asked if he could borrow the car. I thought that he would be gone all day, and the hoped-for time together would be lost. He wanted to go to a hobby shop to get something of interest.

"OK." I said, I just need to get to work tonight at five."

"I'll just go now," he said, and I gave him the car key feeling sad at another missed opportunity to be together.

A minute later, I got an idea.

"Hey..." I called down, "The Taste of India restaurant is next to the store, why don't we go together and then we could have lunch at the restaurant."

"Sure," he said, "I haven't eaten, yet I could go for some lunch. Let's all go." and he went to get the other boys.

I have never been to that particular restaurant, but I know he likes vegan food, and I am open to eating anything that doesn't move too much on the plate.

The hobby shop was a quick stop. We went inside the restaurant and had a delicious meal together and talked about a lot of things. The Indian food was delicious and was an all-you-can-eat buffet which my boys kept visiting. It was just the time together I was hoping for.

I believe that God put the idea in my head to suggest the restaurant; I think he had it planned all along.

I am grateful that he is still open to spending time, and I am thankful to have had a "guy" meal with my boys.

(c) Adron 12/17/13