Thursday, August 12, 2010

Late Summer.

To friends and family far and wide. I know it has bee a long time since I have updated this little journal.

I don't know where to begin. I have had a lot of fun writing poetry in the odd minutes, and they can be seen in my other Blog, just follow the link on the "about me" feature.

I have enjoyed good health all of my life, (thank you Lord). I've always had migraines though and they do still get severe, but other people have had worse trials to live with. Now I am at the point in my age where I have a lback problems where I can hardly stand and problems with the joints in my hips and knees. It has kept me from being as active as I like to be. I like to take walks around my neighborhood and pray for the community. I pray for the people living in the homes and apartments I pass by. I wonder if Satan does not like this and so he has thrown a challenge to my "Prayer walks" with these back and joing pain problems. I still walk but not as far then I stop at a park bench and continue to pray. I hope to meet people while sitting and maybe have a meaningful conversation about the Lord. If the aches and pains don't get better I will see a doctor but you know how hard headed us men are- we only see a doctor when we have an accident with a hammer gun or chainsaw.

Carolyn is feeling much better now that the chemotherapy is done. She is going to start radiation in a few weeks and she is also going back to her teaching job.

The kids are having an ok summer. I feel bad that we have not been able to go on any trips because of carolyn's cancer. We have tried to do a few day trips and this week we will take another. Tim and the other boys were never able to find steady work this summer.

Maddy went on a trip with some of Carolyn's sisters and I guess she is having a good time. They went to the beach in North Carolina I think. I heard she was playing in the surf and was laughing so hard that her dental retainer flew out of her mouth. She was not able to find it. Fortunately we have an impression from the orthodontist and they will be able to make another. But it will cost a few hundred. The Lord will Provide- in fact I have already been given a few extra hours at the grocery store I work at.

Some Friends from California came out to visit earlier this month and it was a blessing to see Tony and Linda and Linda's kids. They are sweet. It is wonderful to see people from Church who are trying to stay true to the Lord.

My wonderful Aunt Mildred in Louisiana sent us some old photos of family. It brought back a lot of memories of my dad. I know he would be proud of his grand kids. We discovered from the photos that my second son, David, had his grandfathers eyes.

I have not been motivated to paint much since my paintings have sold so poorly. But I feel it is something I should be doing. I know the Lord has a purpose in it. On the subject of art- the homeschooling group at our church will be starting again and I will be helping with the drawing class. It will be different from what I have done before since it is a class setting and not a one on one tutoring. But it will bring in a little much needed cash. I always feel a calling to be a positive influence with the young people and it is a blessing to be able to use any gifts the Lord has given in whatever way he directs. Sometimes Christians need to do good, just to do good; knowing the very doing of it brings glory to the Lord.

I will need to cut this off now because I need to prepare the Sunday School lesson for the teenagers for this Sunday.

in Christ
Adron