Sunday, May 13, 2012

Why Do Sunny Days Make Us Thankful?

A VERY THANKFUL DAY
Today was a sunny day and it seems on sunny days we find more good in the world around us. Today's activities were pretty ordinary, yet I feel very thankful for so much of it.

  • I am thankful for being able to sit on the deck and read a little of my Bible this morning.
  • I am thankful for the sunny day that God granted to our town today. 
  • I am thankful for the walk the shady cool path to the shopping center. 
  • I am thankful for the little check I was able to deposit for teaching an art class. 
  • I am thankful for the second hand bicycle I am fixing up for my daughter to ride. 
  • I am thankful for working in the yard with my wonderful wife.
  • I am thankful for shopping with my wife at the local garden center where we bought a few plants. 
  • I am thankful for the beautiful green parrot that we saw there at the garden center. 
  • I am thankful for Joey having a good report card from school. 
It seems that I can go on and on. I hope every day is a sunny day with a blue sky, but of course in the real world that is not to be.

WHY ARE WE SO THANKFUL ON SUNNY DAYS?
  • Could it be that on sunny days we just see more of the beauty around us? 
  • Is it that on sunny days we are less prone to be gloomy because we are not so focused on ourselves?  
  • Could it be something as simple as getting outdoors and soaking up some vitamins from the sun's rays? 
  • Could it be that we are optimistic that a sunny day is an indicator of other good things to come?
  • Could it be that we just get too busy enjoying a beautiful day that we forget to be gloomy? 
THE BIG ISSUE:
Sunshine and rain are both in God's hands.  We should be as thankful for one as the other. As a Christian I hope I can carry a sunny sky in my heart. I have the hope of heaven in Christ and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, that alone should fill my days with sunshine.

Our days on this earth are only temporary there is goodness and sorrow in all of them; and when our days here are done those of us who have salvation will enter an eternal sunny day without end in a land where God himself is the light. As I think on these things I believe we are more thankful on sunny days because in a slim sliver of a way it shows us just a little of what Heaven will be like.

If you want to know more about how to find Jesus as your savior follow this link:Salvation.