Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thankful For A Day Drawing With Students.

When we have a gift we must share it, not to share the gift is an insult to the giver. If the giver of the gift is God, and really he is the giver of all good gifts, then it is a foolish thing to insult him.

I have been told I have a gift in art. I paint and draw and do other things that turn out a little better than well. I have great pleasure in sharing what I know with others; especially kids.  Kids seem to be eager to learn to draw and they seem able to pick up the concepts.

I have a little art class at a home school community, (see my other blog), and I am very thankful for the opportunity to work with the kids. Today was a particularly good day. The weather being mild for October we sketched outside. The building where we have the class is an old church and behind it is an old cemetery with many old style headstones and monuments. It makes very interesting compositions and pictures. We spent a lovely day sketching various tombstones with ivy crawling up the sides or weeds chocking the ground beneath. The students all did wonderful pictures.

I am thankful for the beautiful day and the inspiration of God's creation such as a blue sky, trees, and flowers. I am thankful for a wonderful bunch of kids who are eager to learn. I am thankful for the opportunity to teach and share what little I know. I am thankful that these kids are really God's little lambs and for a few minutes I am the steward of his blessings.