Sunday, October 21, 2012

Thankful For An Ordinary Day

I am thankful at the end of a day. It was not a special day nor did it stand out from the many others in my life but I am thankful just the same.

I was able to g.o to work where I worked an honest day to earn an honest pay.
I was able to enjoy a healthy lunch outside in the warm sun, which was warm for an October day.
I was able to see my son who came home from college for the weekend. I am so proud of him.
I was able to play a board game with my teen age daughter who won each time.
I was able to read my Bible and consider the Sunday School Lesson I will teach tomorrow morning.
I was able to share my faith in God to a person today who is struggling with their disabilities.
I was able to spend time enjoying some hobbies like playing the flute and drawing.
I was able to enjoy my family.

There were several times today when I was discouraged but my meditation on the sufficiency of my God and redeemer gives me confidence in the outcome and goodness of each concern.

All the things for which I am thankful come from the hand of a generous and gracious God.

There are more things to be thankful for on this ordinary day. It is in being thankful that this day is lifted up to eternity and made extraordinary