Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Why I Am Thankful For My Daughter and High School Band

Today I had the pleasure of going to a high school band concert where my daughter was playing clarinet. As a parent I have many joys and some regrets. I love all of my kids and I rejoice to celebrate each one when I can. So, to listen to the band play beautiful music knowing my daughter is playing is wonderful. The school has several bands and I love to boast that she is in the serious one with the best musicians. It is always a pleasure to listen to her play and practice her music.

I am thankful to have a daughter like her. Many people do not have children or any family at all, but God has blessed me with an awesome wife and great children.

I could make an endless list of why my daughter fills me with gratitude.   I am thankful for...
 
     * The gifts and talents the Lord has given her and proud of how she has chosen to develop them.
     * To see her smile and laugh and be a social person.
     * To observe that she is respected and admired among the kids at school.
     * That she is healthy and growing into adulthood.
     * For the future the Lord has planned for her.
     * That she Loves life and lives every day well.
     * That she is a good student.
     * That she fills the whole house with laughter.
     * That she has a great relationship with her brothers- they needed a sister.
     * That she plays clarinet in the church orchestra to help the congregation worship.
     * That she is respected and even admired by people in authority such as teachers.
     * That she is so creative because I never know what to expect next.

I could say it a hundred times I am thankful that God has given us this wonderful woman as our child.

Adron