Monday, December 3, 2012

Why I Am Thankful for Moments With My Son

I am thankful that I was able to spend a few minutes with my youngest son yesterday. I love him dearly and always felt we did not spend enough time together. I feel he was lost in the shuffle of other kids in our house. I always enjoyed being with him and love his sense of humor. I think his point of view on social things is near genius and his talent as an artist makes me green with envy.

I always wanted to spend more time with him but was always somehow too busy. So when he was home for the weekend I invited him to join me on an errand. I am glad I did since he was very helpful and I felt I would have struggled without his help. Just being with him was nice and though he is quiet I felt every word he said was golden. I wish I could have spent more time with him. 

He is a gift to us. I pray for him every day and find I am often worried about him.

I am thankful for him in hundreds of ways. I am thankful...
     * that he is doing well in college. 
     * that he has a good relationship with his brothers and sister. 
     * for his talent.
     * that he is a hard worker. 
     * for his laugh. 
     * that he is a thoughtful person. 
     * that he is going to do more and better than I ever will. 
     * for every memory I have of him.
     * to God for giving him to our family.
     * that he is about one of the smartest people I know.
     * for all the ways he has made me proud. 
     * I could go on, and on, and on. 

If I have any regrets it is that other fathers have not have so fine and wonderful son as I have.