Thursday, May 30, 2013

Why I am Thankful For Our Crazy Cat

I am not a cat person, but for some reason, which I do not understand, God created cats so I tolerate the one who sleeps in our house and eats the food we buy for him. He is a neurotic and timid creature that is afraid of his own shadow.

Today was a beautiful day and Fearful Cat mustered the courage to venture outside. His standard approach to the outside is to find some hiding place under a chair or bush and observe it in seclusion. Today Fearful Cat walked about actually ventured into the wild open space of mowed lawn and fenced yard.

A white moth fluttered by in its quick jerky manner. Fearful Cat actually chased it. The butterfly dodged to the left and Fearful spun around with it. The butterfly darted again sending Fearful into a tumble. The cat spun after the butterfly who having had enough sought safety and fluttered up into the trees. Fearful Cat sprung after it did a floppy back flip and landed on his head.

It was a better show than a traveling circus! I confess I got a big laugh out of Fearful Cat.

I am thankful that God allows humor in our world. I am thankful that he sends things along that make us smile and laugh. I am grateful that God is a God of joy and that the fruit of knowing God is Joy. (Galatians 5:22-23).