Sunday, June 2, 2013

Thankful for God's Protection.

We have a flat roof. It is a high roof so it is hard to get to. Because it is flat it has drainage problems. There is a drain at each end and the roof has a slight slope to them, but they get clogged up so the water stands on the roof and causes lot of problems.

SO
I borrow a very long ladder and climb on the roof two or three times a year and clean out the drains. This is a dangerous difficult climb.

UP
It took three of us to set up the ladder. The ladder was coming apart at the locks and the pulley rope keeps coming off the pulley and getting jammed. After about fifteen minutes we got it up.

SLOWLY
With a broom in one hand I reached up with the other and climbed the ladder. On each step I felt the ladder sway, and I was afraid it would fold and drop me. I prayed for God to protect me over and over as I climbed up. I made sure I had a good grip on each step before reaching up to the next. It took about two minutes to climb and I prayed the whole time. Finally at the top I could reach the edge and climb over.

JOB
The work needed to be done. I found the drain on one end totally clogged and the drain on the other half caked with leaves and dirt to cement like consistency.

DOWN
With more prayer I climbed down with the same fearful caution making sure of each step and hand hold. I looked down praying that the ladder would not collapse, and with great relief stepped off the bottom rung.

THANKFUL
I am thankful that The Lord was watching over me and protecting me from a potential accident. It is one thing when you are aware of a danger,then you are focused on God and asking for his care then. How often do we go along not aware of dangers? I am thankful that God has watched over me through them all.