Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Why I Am Thankful We Needed a Repair Guy Come

The cable network we use for media and internet was acting up. The lights on the router box would flicker or go off and we would not have service for a while. It was frustrating since we are online all the time for work and communication.

My wife called the cable company and they scheduled a guy to come this morning and service it. Early this morning I read my Bible and spent some time in prayer where I sought God's guidance for the day as always.

The cable guy came on time, and began to work diligently on the cable. He was here about an hour. During the time he was here I got the feeling I should find a couple of dollars to give the guy as a tip. I always admired and respected people who do that sort of thing. Besides it is a small but practical way of saying thank you.

I found a crumpled up five in my wallet. I never carry money and remember that it was strange that last week I put it in there; now I believe God was preparing the opportunity to witness his love and grace to this man. I saw a box of Gospel booklets that I bought some time ago and stamped with our church address.

As the man was gathering up his tools outside I gave him the tip and the booklet with a hearty thank you for his good work.

I pray the young man reads the booklet and receives Jesus' love and salvation in his life. I believe that the Lord caused the cable to go bad because he was arranging an appointment for the cable guy to be exposed to the gospel. I am grateful to be used of the Lord to share his message of hope to another.