Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Why Thankful For Church Friends

I work at a grocery store. I feel it is honest and reliable work. The days are hard sometimes, especially as I deal with the public. In this metropolitan area many are impatient and in a hurry, so I have to work quickly and still have a friendly and courteous manner no matter how hard things get.

When a church friend came in and greeted me it was like a breath of fresh cool air in the desert. We had a few words about God and his Word. We discussed briefly what the Lord is doing in our lives. To say it was a blessing would not do justice to the fellowship we enjoyed.

A few hours later another friend came in who was from a similar church than mine and we shared what God was doing in our churches and what he was showing us in his word. We discussed how the world needed the Savior and wondered how people manage to get through the day without his Loving Holy Spirit to comfort and guide them.

A few hours later a young couple from my church came and even though we had only the briefest exchange it was as sweet as the others who I had Christian fellowship with.

Many days on my job I am encouraged and comforted by those who I may call Brother and Sister in the faith. I am always thankful for these moments of blessing in my day. I feel our paths cross with divine intent as our Heavenly Father weaves our day in Love so we may encourage each other. Sometimes it is the lift that gets me over the dark chasm of negative things that I experience in my workplace.