Saturday, August 24, 2013

What Happens When You Give Thanks For Every Little Thing?

I decided that I have not been diligent in the "Practice of The Presence of The Lord." (This is the idea of acting out the truth that God is always with you, and you can always talk to him.) I have daily Bible reading and prayer times but it is only a part of my personal walk with the Father.

I resolved to practice the Lord's presence by giving thanks God for everything that I could think of today, and express it by a short prayer to the Father of Blessings. I had many, many opportunities to give thanks to the Almighty.

I thanked the Lord for...

  • The beautiful sky.
  • The people I work with.
  • The people I work for.
  • The people I saw walking by.
  • The health I enjoyed.
  • The ability to work.
  • The friends I saw when I saw them.
  • The lunch I enjoyed.
  • Sitting outside on my break.
  • My supervisor at work.
  • The safe ride to work.
  • Seeing a church friend during the day.
  • The quietness of a peaceful home.
  • The food I had.
  • The flowers in my wife's garden.
  • Fellowship with friends of faith at work.
  • The company I work for.
  • Friendships I experienced.

It came and went because I didn't remember to be thankful every moment but having tried to thank God for everything I felt I was more focused on God and was more aware of his blessings. I felt more positive and grateful. It felt that I was doing what is right.

When things happened that would normally cause me to be frustrated and think resentful thoughts I found myself thinking nothing of it, like it was no big deal.

It seemed that I was receiving more blessings than usual or maybe I was just seeing them more.

I will continue to attempt to practice the attitude of reflective thanksgiving in everything I can.